Thursday, January 18, 2007

If that last post wasn't profound enough for you...

I'm a meat eater. I don't really discriminate when it comes to the type of meat. I feel that all animals should have equal chance to be consumed by me. Some just stay better hidden from me than others (kudos to them). I've eaten a pretty wide variety of animals though, from cows to ducks to rabbits to quails. A favorite delicacy is the ever-popular bacon. Unfortunately, this tasty morsel is unavailable at Brandeis, where eating pigs is considered heinous and wrong. Until recently, I have objected to their objection to pork. Then, I read a reference to a Rolling Stone article on pork farms. I read the article, and as a result, I've decided to give up pork or at least make sure I know where it comes from. Call it a late new years resolution, if you will. I invite you all to hopefully share the same reaction to the article as I did:

Read the article

For those of you who are too lazy or stupid to care about what goes on in our country and what goes into the production of your food, I'll simply present this picture from Google Maps:

What you see here is a pork farm. What you see above the farm is a giant pit of toxic pig shit.


No comments: